Thursday, February 23, 2006

Hmm... should I keep this up?

So obviously my nursing blog isn't as gripping as I'd hoped. Who knew that there would be so little time in life. I'll post a few quick highlights and see if I can get better at updating this thing.

Accepted!
I got accepted into the BSN program at Binghamton University! I wasn't too worried, but it felt great to hear the final OK. Now I just have to pay them my deposit then it's official.

Visiting
We took a trip to Binghamton this past weekend. It was nice. Rosy and I took an official tour of campus while Mom played babysitter. We also went apartment hunting and found a really great house. Alan is trying to get in touch with the management company today to sign the lease. It's an old house with 4 bedrooms, brand new bathrooms (with skylights) and it even has a fireplace with a mantle and a mirror over the mantle! I loved it. The neighborhood is a bit sketchy - but so is most of Binghamton. The house is right on the edge of a business district, so it's family neighborhood on one side and business a few houses away on the other. I'm sure it will be fine though.

Pre-reqs
I'm taking Anatomy & Physiology I right now at a local community college. I also have to take A&P II, Chem, and Microbiology. I learned this weekend that all three of those courses conflict during the summer sessions at B. Soo.... I'm gonna have to figure out some other way to take them. That's Challenge #1.

Challenge #2
My challenge, your challenge, and most everyone else's (except those 8 in Nebraska!) is $$$. Once I quit my comfy job we will be close to broke. Over the next few months we will be focusing on rectifying that situation. Wish us luck! :)

2 comments:

Amy said...

Hi Tessa!

Here is your official congratulations! I was just reading this blog the other day and was thinking, what? no updates since November, wonder what is going on! Those classes don't sound like much fun though. Binghampton may be closer to my family than NH was though, so maybe one of these days I will really get around to visiting!

Lauren said...

Yay! I'm so excited for you! Life always throws challenges at people - you and Alan have the mindsets to push through and come out ahead. I have confidence in that.