Wednesday, January 08, 2014

First day in kindergarten


A drawing for me from one my new kindergarteners.

I had my first day in kindergarten today.  I met the teacher (again), the para, the principal, lots of other people, and, of course, the class!   One thing I love about young kids is how willing they are to welcome new people in.  They all wanted to sit by me and talk to me.  I also tied more shoes and opened more snack/lunch bags today then I did all semester in 5th grade.  There are pros and cons to that, of course.  There's nothing wrong with kids who can tie their own shoes! :)  

The school is in the same distract as my last placement, yet very different in terms of demographics, philosophies, and even physical structure.  This will offer me a very different experience and many more learning opportunities.  

Two more days at UVEI this week, then full-time in kindergarten next week!

No comments: