Thursday, June 12, 2014

It's official - I'm a teacher!

UVEI graduation was this evening.  After a long, hard-at-times year it is suddenly coming to an end.  Tonight was a shining example of the saying, "the days are long, but the years are short." 

Fall in fifth, spring in kindergarten.  Both had their pros and cons, and both were great.  I miss my fifth grade buddies and I know I will miss the kindergarteners as well.  They gave me a sweet book today in which each kiddo had drawn a picture of me and them and written a sentence about what they like to do with me or how they will miss me.  It was very sweet and made me feel very happy and loved.  I have two more days with them and then we’re out for the summer.

Tonight I graduated from UVEI and officially have my Elementary Teaching certification.  I’m certified to teacher K-8 in the great state of New Hampshire.  In the next week or so I’ll receive my license in the mail, then I’ll turn it around and get my VT license.  Then, maybe, I’ll get a job!

Hubby and the kids came to the ceremony tonight to continue their wonderful support of my new career.  I put them in charge of the camera and they did a great job! :)

This is my faculty coach speaking and my coaching group. It was a great group and I really enjoyed working and learning with them this year.

I got my teaching certificate and a family photo. It was a good evening!
We have two more days of school and then out for the summer.  I'm going to miss everyone and being in the classroom, but I'm also looking forward to some summer downtime!  


No comments: