Thursday, November 10, 2005

Letter from Binghamton

So I got a letter from the woman at Binghamton yesterday. It's perfect and exactly what I've been bugging UNH for. I'm going to scan it and send it to the lady at UNH to see if they have the same thing :) Ms. Binghamton gave me a list of all prerequesites and all nursing courses. She then checked off everything I already have, so I can see what I still need. The intent of the form is to use as you go through school to make sure you don't miss any classes (unlikely, but whatever). More importantly, she gave me a list of the nursing courses required, broken into the semesters you take them. So I can see the three semesters of school and which courses I'd take and when. I find that very helpful. Since the course is accelerated (as is the UNH one), you don't really have much flexiblity in the coureses or time you take them. Anyway, I'm going to see if UNH can give me the same thing :)

I also found that I can take all of the prereqs at a local community college (Community College of Vermont), which is literally right next door to where I work. I was thrilled about this. But my excitement quickly turned to anxiety :/ Will I be able to work full-time and attend classes? I'm sure I can, but would that be fair to Alan and Lex? I don't want Lex to forget his mommy. Which is lame, I know, because that wouldn't happen, but still I worry. And even though I know he won't forget me, is it really fair to be away from him so long just for my own wants? As it is I only see him for a few hours a day. And Alan and I haven't been alone in many months (which is partly my fault because I hate leaving Lex since I see so little of him - it's a vicious circle)

I may talk to my boss about switching to a 4 day work week and taking classes the 5th. I think that would be ideal. Not sure what he'll think about it though :)

I'm still waiting to hear back from DHMC about the shadowing. This was the final week of their big review, so I'm hoping to hear back early next week. I've sent one or two follow up messages, but haven't heard anything in response.

No comments: