Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Sometimes you gotta give up to get what you want

That's the lesson for today. I have been trying to pin down the hospital woman for weeks now trying to finalize plans for shadowing this weekend. Believe it or not I have a very busy social schedule this weekend and it was all hinging on a response back from here. Today I got frusterated and gave up. I sent her an email saying that I was no longer available this weekend, and I sent out several other emails to confirm weekend plans with friends. About an hour later I got a message back from her saying that they want me to come in from 9am-12pm on Saturday. Yay!! I wrote back immediately saying "I can do that!" (I'm so eager for this) and I asked for the details (where to go, who to see, etc.).... then I waited all day for a response. The suspense was killing me! I'm so impatient. Finally I got a message back at 6pm confirmating location and all. Now I know enough to do it. I'm psyched!!

I'm also moving forward on the school search. It's a pretty limited search really, basically I'm trying to decided between a Masters degree from UNH or a Bachelors from SUNY Binghamton. Right now I'm leaning towards a bachelors. It would be less expensive, less intense (the MSN program has 26-credit semesters!!), and I'd be out of school and earning a living again a year sooner. All good things. I'd also be living closer to my family and going to school with my sister - all super cool things! :) But I'm trying not to let that bias me too much ;)

Alan and I went out to dinner the other night and put together a plan for how/when to take the prereqs I need. I'm going to call the woman at Binghamton tomorrow to tell her my plan and see if it makes sense. It's tough because I'm trying to plan when to take classes but the schools don't have class schedules available, so I'm using last years schedules and hoping they are the same. It would suck to have my whole plan in place then find out the school isn't offering the course I need when I need it. I don't remember it being this hard the first time around :) Oh well. I'll figure it out. I keep looking at it as the first test. If I can't figure out how to get in then I probably should't be in :)

No comments: