Saturday, August 10, 2013

Time

I am eager to begin the UVEI program in two weeks.  Eager to get started learning to teach.  I have just one nagging hesitation.  Time.  Where will I find the time to do everything I do now, PLUS work full time and have homework!?  UVEI estimates 2-3hrs of work each evening.  As it is I'm exhausted at the end of each day.  I think the obvious answer is that I won't find the time to do everything.  Not even close.  It will be a matter of delegating to a very kind husband and two helpful (hopefully!) children.  It will be a matter of stepping back, letting go, ignoring what doesn't get done, and trying to focus on the important things.  At times it sounds scary to me!

Then I read the welcome emails from others attending UVEI this fall.  People with more kids than me, people with younger kids, people who are moving, people who are divorcing, people who are marrying (one week into the UVEI program!), people with their own lives and their own busy schedules.  All coming together to face this challenge and step onto a new path in life.  I read their emails and I feel motivated!  If they can do it, I can do it, and likely we will all struggle with similar things.

Learning together...

http://files.sharenator.com/06_education-s750x600-35448.jpg

... and keeping each other awake!

No comments: